Guitar Idol is committed to keeping the personal details of its visitors and customers private and secure (information is collected and stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
We will not sell or share your personal details with unrelated third parties, partners or affiliates, without explicitly asking for your consent in advance.
We do not store any credit or debit card details
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Your name
- Email address
- Basic profile info as submitted by yourself
We use the personal information you give us for the following purposes:
- to contact you about the status of your entry.
- to efficiently process and manage the stages of the competition.
- to change and enhance the web site.
- to occasionally email you with details of the competition, special promotions, and enhancements. If you would prefer not to receive these mailings, then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Unsubscribe'. Please note that we will only send email to people who have opted in to receive it and where we are replying to an email query.
- to conduct anonymous and aggregate research into a) the way our web site is used and b) the viewing patterns of our customers.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.